Managing remote workers and hybrid workplaces requires demands new skills. We’ve created this page to help you make informed decisions that suit your situation.
This page is being updated regularly, so please let us know if you have any suggestions or would like our support to implement hybrid and remote work.
Hybrid Work Articles
- The truth about work-from-home productivity – Psychology Today, 3 October 2022
The double standard of the return-to-office – BBC Worklife, 7 June 2022
- Human Connection and Trust Unlock Productivity, Retention and Revenue Growth – Accenture, 24 May 2022
- Managing the micromanager – Business Australia, 10 May 2022
- Hybrid work: Making it fit with your diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy – McKinsey Quarterly, 20 April 2022
- Hybridised – McKinsey Quarterly Five Fifty
- Inflexible return-to-office policies are hammering employee experience scores – Future Forum Pulse, 19 April 2022
- 4 key trends for hybrid work in 2022 and beyond – HR Morning, 18 April 2022
- Flexibility makes us happier, with 3 clear trends emerging in post-pandemic hybrid work – The Conversation, 4 April 2022
- Hybrid work becomes new battleground in war for talent – The Sydney Morning Herald, 13 March 2022
- Levelling the playing field in the new hybrid workplace – Slack Future Forum, 25 January 2022
- Hybrid working 2.0: Humanising the office – Swinburne University of Technology, December 2021
- 5 Practices to Make Your Hybrid Workplace Inclusive – Harvard Business Review, August 2021
- Hybrid is the future of work – Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, June 2021
- How to Do Hybrid Right – Harvard Business Review, May 2021
- The Next Great Disruption Is Hybrid Work—Are We Ready? – Microsoft Work Trend Index, 22 March 2021
- Changing Places: How hybrid working is rewriting the rule book – Pricewaterhouse Coopers Future of Work Report, 2021
- Future of Work Reinvented – Gartner, 2021
- As boundaries between work and home vanish, employees need a ‘right to disconnect’
- Has coronavirus and working from home given us the biggest productivity increase of the century?
- Remote working is not going away: who wins and loses when workers stay home?
Listen and Watch
AUDIO: Finding your flow in hybrid work (25 minutes) – This Working Life, ABC Radio National, 5 June 2022
VIDEO: More workers adopting a hybrid work model (3 minutes)– Interview with demographer Bernard Salt, ABC News, 25 May 2022
- Work Wonders Podcast
- The Return Part 1: How to ace hybrid and the “third space” (April 2021) – How do you feel about heading back to the office? Elated at the prospect of being near your colleagues or deflated at the prospect of putting on pants with an actual waistband?
The Return Part 2: How to ace hybrid and the “third space” (April 2021) – As many of us head back into the office – at least some of the time – after a year at home, it’s a pretty big psychological shift.
Hybrid Work Research
- Great Expectations: Making Hybrid Work Work – Microsoft Work Trend Index 2022, 16 March 2022
- The Future of Hybrid Work: 5 Key Questions Answered With Data – Gallup, 15 March 2022
- Slack Research Reveals These 3 Strategies Can Make Hybrid Workforces More Successful – Inc.com, 19 May 2022
- To Thrive in Hybrid Work, Build a Culture of Trust and Flexibility – Microsoft Work Trend Index Pulse Report, 9 September 2021
- Microsoft and LinkedIn share latest data and innovation for hybrid work – Microsoft Blog, 9 September 2021
- Flexible work arrangements help women, but only if they are also offered to men
- Four-day week: how workplaces can successfully establish it
- You’re Right! You are Working Longer Hours and Attending More Meetings